How to become a tenant with long Beach Property Management
Check below our application process, or visit us at any of our offices for more information about applying as a tenant for any of our properties. But remember that each of the properties we manage has a different owner, each with unique requirements. Nonetheless, we work hard to process each application in no more than three business days.
Contact us at our offices in Long Beach, California, by calling (562) 362-5515.
How to qualify as a tenant for one of our properties?
- Prospective tenants need to have a gross income 2.5 times the monthly rent we’re asking for.
- Applicants over 18 may combine income in order to qualify.
- Your tax returns are necessary if you’re self-employed. Otherwise, paystubs from a job are enough.
- A FICO credit score no less than 620 for standard approval.
- Complete our online application for prospective tenants.
- Pay a $40 application processing fee (one per every adult applying). Can be paid with a credit or debit card.
What’s the application
- Review our list of available properties for rent
- We recommend you take a look at the properties (don’t enter a vacant property without telling us first).
- To take a look inside the properties, call us as (562) 362-5515 and schedule an appointment.
- Apply to be a tenant here. You have to have a property already in mind by now.
- Upload copies of all these documents:
- Recent paystubs
- Photo ID
- Copy of your Social Security Card
- A copy of any military orders
- Documents supporting other sources of income including Social Security, Disability, Child Support, etc.
- Copies of any satisfied court judgments which may still show on your credit
- 2 years tax returns (self-employed only)
- Pay the $40 application fee after filling out the form. If you don’t pay the fee, the application will not be submitted.
Done! We will get back to you in 2-3 business days.
Remember, you need a credit score (FICO) of at least 620 for standard approval. Applicants with a credit score of 600-619 may be conditionally approved. If the credit score is less than 600, the application will not be approved.
What happens after I get
- Pay first month (cash or cashier’s check), even if the move-in date is not on the 1st of the month.
- Pay a security deposit (cash or cashier’s check)
No cash allowed or personal checks for security deposit and first rent.
- No cash allowed or personal checks for security deposit and first rent.
- Visit Long Beach Property Management by scheduling an appointment, where the lease is signed and you are presented with the keys. All parties on the lease must be present to sign.
- Register for our Tenant Portal. You can more easily pay your rent there, submit maintenance requests, and even access account information.
Welcome to your new home!
A full refund may be obtained at any time prior to processing your rental application. Once the processing begins, no refunds will be issued.
What’s your policy on pets?
Every property is different and pet policies vary between them. But we do have a standard that applies to every property: No Pit Bulls, Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chows, St. Bernards, Great Danes, Huskies, Malamutes, or near relatives. Pet policies are strictly enforced. Resident must provide an additional deposit, pet application, and pictures for all pets.